Thursday 16 October 2014

CHORIZO AND TOMATO SALAD





Where I work, we eat lunch ridiculously early. Sometimes it feels more like a second breakfast than lunch (or brunch, I guess!). I thought it was very strange when I first started working there, but it’s amazing how quickly my stomach has gotten used to it. However, one downside is that sometimes by the time I’m back home from work I’m absolutely starving. And on days like that, I sometimes like to make myself this quick and delicious chorizo and tomato salad. 

The salad was inspired by a chorizo and tomato salad Jamie Oliver made on one of his shows, though with a few changes. It’s great as a quick meal when you’re craving something fresh, but it also works really well as a side too. 

Chorizo, feta and tomato salad recipe:
350 g tomatoes (mixed bunch if you can, and preferably at room temperature)
1 garlic clove
2 shallots, sliced
However much chorizo
handful of basil
handful of parsley
balsamic
olive oil
flaky sea salt
ground pepper

Directions:
Roughly chop the tomatoes and place in a salad bowl. Chop the basil and parsley leaves, sprinkle over the tomatoes and drizzle a bit of olive oil over. Chop the chorizo and slice the shallots, add to a frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic to the chorizo frying in the pan once the chorizo starts to get a little crispy, and as the garlic starts to go brown add a splash of balsamic vinegar. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the chorizo, shaollots and garlic to the pasta bowl and drizzle some of the olive oil and balsamic from the pan over the salad. Season with freshly ground pepper and a pinch of sea salt, and serve with crusty bread. 




No comments:

Post a Comment