Wednesday 20 August 2014

WHAT I'M WORKING ON: PLUM AND VANILLA LIQUEUR

More plums, plums, plums! There's been a few storms here recently and as I mentioned in my previous post, and afterwards my garden looked like a plum battlefield. Even with my parents stopping by and leaving the bags full, I still have al ot of plums to get rid of, so I thought I'd give making liqueur a go! I've used this recipe from Boozed & Infused, and just added a vanilla bean to it for some extra flavor. I'm planning on leaving it for 4 to 6 weeks, so I've marked my calendar! In the meantime, I've been searching for plum liqueur cocktails to try, so if you know any good ones, let me know!


I still have tons more plums too though haha. Graeme's dad's currently visiting, so might make a cake or a crumble or something. Anyone have any suggestions for what else I can use all these plums for?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING! Let me know how it turns out!! :) I have never made my own liqueur or even vanilla extract, so this is super exciting to me. XO-Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time making it, but I've been going over regularly and having a sniff. And it's smelling less and less like vodka and more and more like sweet plums every day! Can't wait to taste it in a coulpe of weeks!

      Delete