Friday 15 May 2015

KITCHEN REMODEL - BEFORE PHOTOS

This whole kitchen remodelling thing technically started months ago, when I spontaneously bought a fridge in the Christmas sales. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But then the gravity of a kitchen remodel dawned on me. Somewhat in denial, the monster of a fridge ended up sitting in our entry for months, like a giant metallic elephant in the room. Fridge? What fridge? Oh, that old thing... But then a couple of weeks ago, Graeme and I finally ordered our new kitchen and today we started taking down a couple of the cupboards. So now it's official and the remodelling process has begun for real! Eeeek! And on that note, I figured I’d share a couple of before-photos!

The kitchen hasn’t been changed much since being built, except for back when I was born and my parents added an extension to the house, expanding the kitchen and adding a balcony and another bedroom below. Since then it’s been painted cream, re-wallpapered a couples of times, and last year I (…aka Graeme) changed all the handles. It’s got a great size and gets tons of light, and it’s also got a pretty sweet view and opens up to a balcony overlooking the valley. I love having breakfast there in the morning as the sun rises behind the mountains.




More or less everything in the kitchen is going and will be replaced. There's still a couple of things we're still figuring out, like flooring and what we're doing with the extractor fan. The fan is connected to a motor in the attic which also connects to both the upstairs and downstairs bathroom, which meant that we weren't able to get it from IKEA along with the rest of our kitchen. Yep, if you're ever at mine and want to take a shower, you'll need to go into the kitchen to turn the fan on first. If anyone has any experience with this, suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the "after" pictures. Though honestly, our apartment kitchen is teeny tiny and so so ugly.. poor kitchen.. so this looks like a dream! also.. I LOVE IKEA. XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete