Tuesday 5 May 2015

WORK IN PROGRESS: PICKLES' PUFF MAMA!

I am awesome at starting new projects. Not always so great at finishing them, but great at starting. The latest project I've started is this pouf from Pickles, the Puff Mama! I love the look of knitted poufs, and I've previously knitted the Puff Daddy twice for our old flat in Glasgow, once in blue and once in white. Both times I chose yarn that didn't hold up very well, and as Bo claimed the poufs as her new beds they ended up looking quite ratty and lost their shape. There was also that time when I was making this rug, and I managed to squirt black paint all over the white pouf. So it goes when you're DIY-ing it up in a tiny flat!

This time though, I'm using t-shirt yarn. I found this great t-shirt yarn from Krea Line, which seams way more durable. And it's super soft too (which makes me want to crochet a rug out of it, perhaps similar to this one I made out of an old bed sheet, eons ago?)! I appear to have miscalculated the amount I need though, so I'm toying with the idea of doing half of the pouf in a different color. A dark, contrasting charcoal grey, perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had needlework skills. #lifegoals This is lovely. I can't wait to see the finished product! XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete