Thursday 30 June 2016

GREYSCALE BABY BLANKET

I became an aunt again last week! My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, weighing in at 3970 g and measuring 50 cm long. I'm loving that Oscar will be growing up with a cousin so close in age.

As a small gift to the little one (who has not yet been named), I decided to knit a baby blanket similar to this one I knitted for Oscar. Oscar loves being swaddled, so we've gotten tons of use for it. I think I might even knit a second one! It's such a basic knit, so it's really quick to make. Unless of course, you are constantly being interrupted by a little bub who needs your attention. If it wasn't for naps, this thing would have never been finished!




Naturally, I got Oscar to model the blanket for me. As you can see, he's currently in the middle of losing his baby hair. Hope his new hair grows back soon, as right now he's sporting a hairstyle similar to his grandpa haha. And he's been smiling tons recently, a real goofball smile, but of course all he was willing to give me today was this little smirk. Still melts my heart though! And he seemed pretty happy with the blanket, so hopefully my little nephew will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment